I have been putting together some kits for my crafty friends this Christmas and one of the things I have included are these little needle books made from the Lizzy House, Lollipop Trees fabric I got in this bundle from Fabric Rehab.
I thought you might like to make some for yourself and your friends too if you have any odds and ends in your fabric stash, so here's what you need to do...
Kit: Fabric for cover, felt, ruler, scissors, pinking shears, needle, thread, sewing machine (optional)
- Cut out two 20cm x 10cm pieces of fabric and pin the right sides together.
- Leaving a 1cm seam allowance, sew 3 sides leaving one of the short sides open.
- Turn your work inside out and press.
- Where you still have an opening fold the 1cm seam allowance inside, press and pin closed.
- Hand stitch the opening closed with an invisible stitch.
- Cut 2 16cm x 7cm pieces of felt using your pinking shears.
- Pin the 2 pieces of felt in the middle of the fabric cover you have sewn.
- Fold the cover and felt in half like a book and press well to create a crease in the centre.
- Sew all the way along the crease from top to bottom through the fabric and 2 felt pieces.
- On the font cover sew 1cm in from the edge on all four sides to create a decorative square. Repeat for the back cover.
Have you been crafting for your friends and family this year? Id love to hear what you're making so tell me all about it in the comments section :)